Kindie Korner Adventures

More information!

on September 6, 2017

Hi Parents!  I am so sorry if you are feeling bombarded with information.  There is so much to tell you at the beginning of the year and I want to make sure you have what you need.  I am not trying to send too much all at once but I do apologize if you feel like it is a lot!

Freshgrade:

Today I sent home a green paper explaining Freshgrade.  I will use this app as a way to send you photos of your child’s learning and experiences at school.  It is almost like you can be a fly on the wall and get a sneak peek into what they are up to in here!  This is new for me and I am excited to give it a try.  There are a number of ways that Freshgrade can connect you with the classroom, but for now I will use it primarily as a way to send you precious photos of your kindergartner.

Bravo Badges:

During our one hour class on Tuesday, your child received their first Bravo Badge!  These are badges that are collected and hung on a ring in the classroom throughout the year.  These badges are given by the teachers as we make observations, both academic and social, throughout the year.  If your child receives a Bravo Badge during the day, I will do my best to send you a photo on Freshgrade explaining what happened.

September dates:

Sept. 11- Kindies start FULL DAYS of school (school starts at 8:55 and ends at 2:55)

Sept. 14- Individual Photo Day- students need to wear their full dress uniform for their photo (please note, if it is hot the cardigan can be put on just the photo and then removed)

Sept. 18- Parent Welcome Night- 6:30 pm

Sept. 27- Knight Day- the last Wednesday of each month is Knight day.  This is an opportunity for your child to wear casual bottoms and their Knight shirt! (Knight shirts will be provided for all kindie students this year- yay!!)