Kindie Korner Adventures

Grandparent’s Day Information

on April 8, 2018

I wanted to get this post done last week, but time ran away from me.  My apologies!

Grandparent’s Day invitations went home last week.  There have been some questions about this special day so I thought I should post about it in case more of you are wondering.

If your child doesn’t have grandparents that live nearby, they are welcome, and encouraged, to invite some other adult to fill that roll for the afternoon. It could be an auntie, an uncle, a neighbor or an older friend of the family.  Also, if your child has more than one set of grandparents they would like to invite, they are welcome to do that as well!  I have extra invitations in the classroom.  Please let me know if you would like some extra ones!

The tea part of the afternoon is an opportunity for the grandparents to mingle with one another.  The students are not involved in this part.  After the program that the students have put together, grandparents are invited to come visit students in their classrooms, and this year, they will also have the opportunity to visit the scholastic book fair.

If you plan on having your child leave school at the end of the day with their grandparent, please let me know!