Kindie Korner Adventures

Reminders and Info Regarding Start Up Tomorrow

on May 31, 2020

Well, here we are- it feels like the night before the first day of school again.  My own 11 year old daughter is SOOO excited to go back to school tomorrow she is literally bouncing!  Not everyone is feeling quite so enthusiastic, I am sure.  Some reminders for you about drop off, pick up and more:

Morning Drop off:  Please try to have your child come to school as close to start time as possible.  You may drop your child off outside and have them walk in the school, OR KINDIE PARENTS ONLY, may accompany their kindie child to the classroom (one parent per child).  Please do not linger and socialize inside.  Children should come into the classroom with all of their supplies, backpack etc- no lockers are being used.

Pick Up: We will be lined up outside for pick up at the end of the day.  Our finish time is 2:30.  Please be as prompt as possible.

The playground will be closed before and after school.

Please send back all duotangs, whiteboard markers, pencils, scissors, crayons etc.  so your child has supplies to work with in class.

I would also suggest that you have your child watch the little video I posted the other day about the turtle and the hedgehog not hugging each other.  Talk gently with your child about saying hi and showing love to their friends in different ways that would be appropriate (air hugs, air high fives etc).  Remind them they can use their words to tell their friends how they are feeling about seeing them again.  And remind them that Mrs. Larsson would LOVE to hug them if she could, but for now we will need to think of different ways to show that we care.  I am SO looking forward to seeing most of you this week.  Things may be different, but there is still a lot that is the same.

See you soon!